2014 was a big year. When thinking back on it, the best word that comes to mind is TRANSITION. There were great transitions – AMAZING ones – but there were also really tough, shitty ones too. Here’s my top 5 of 2014.
- I got engaged!!! (read the story and watch the proposal here)
- I lost my Nana. (see how beautiful she was here)
- I left a company I’d been at for 4 years.
- and then…started my own business! (more on that later)
- I started living about 50/50 between Santa Barbara and Hollywood and finally started to really remodeling my house in Santa Barbara.
As you can see, these are all HUGE things. All transitional, major life changes. Most totally awesome, some tough and uncomfortable, and fewer (thankfully) really sucky. And yet, I wouldn’t change a thing about it. I have a very good feeling about this coming year, that all the grinding and discomfort of the past year will really be paying off in big ways, that a lot of things will fall into place. Anyone else have that feeling?
And without further ado, here are my 2015 resolutions. Actually, there is “further ado”…the word “resolutions” is such a loaded term. So many people “don’t make resolutions” or “don’t believe in them;” I’m not really one of those people. Let me be clear, I don’t think you use the excuse of the New Year to change bad habits or make important life changes – you should do that when you need to do it, not just at the end of the year. But I also feel very strongly that you should set measurable, actionable goals for yourself, your career, and your life each year. So, my 2015 goals = my 2015 resolutions. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Here they are… (and yes, it’s gonna look long, you’re gonna think I’m hyper-ambitious, and you might even think I’m going to fall flat on these by February…but let me prove you wrong. Sidenote: If you want some tips for how to keep your resolutions, check out this video.)
- Career Goals (Commentary: I started my own business in August 2014, and it’s been an exciting and fulfilling ride thus far. I’m excited to see it continue to grow!)
- Email 5 new client prospects each week (and then continue to follow up with prospects on a weekly basis).
- Primarily sell my standard 3-month or 6-month social media plan.
- Earn a specific income amount by working a specific amount of hours.
- Fitness Goals (Commentary: Ever since I stopped working 9-5 in an office – or more like 8-7 – which I in no way regret, it’s been tougher for me to maintain my healthy diet and exercise schedule, so I’m feeling a little out of shape these days! And I’ve got a wedding in 8 months, so I gotta get fit!)
- Get back to peak fitness.
- Workout 4 times per week for at least an hour.
- Allow myself 2 cheat meals each week (as long as I do my 4 workouts).
- Do 2 races (like a Tough Mudder, a half marathon, a 10k, etc.).
- Log food and exercise each day in MyFitnessPal.
- Drink a gallon of water each day.
- Blogging & Vlogging Goals (Commentary: I LOVE blogging and vlogging, and I only recently decided to take it much more seriously so that I can do it more and more…heck, maybe it turns into my job. *Dreams.* So, this year, I’m really going to dig down and build this blog! Stay tuned.)
- Stick to my weekly vlogging and blogging schedule (which I’m already a day late on, due to temperamental internet while I was trying to upload this week’s vlog yesterday…grr…). Said schedule is one weekly uncut vlog (typically Tuesdays), one weekly video tutorial, review, or list of tips (typically Thursdays), and one weekly photo- and text-based blog post.
- I also want to do more partnerships and collaborations in the coming year. There are so many amazing bloggers, vloggers, and brands out there that I love to follow, and I want to team up more! (hint hint…if you’re interested in collaborating, contact me!)
- Go outside and take photos at least once a week. This doesn’t have to be for a specific blog post or anything like that. I spend so much time on my phone and computer for work – and I love that! – but sometimes I don’t take time to get outside and just ENJOY being out in the world and in the moment. (The photos in this post were from this past weekend’s photo sesh during a super-casual walk Charlie and I took in Hollywood!)
- Travel Goals (Commentary: I worked really hard this past year, and while I played hard too, I haven’t done much traveling lately, and I don’t want to get in the habit of letting that slip by the wayside. I love to travel. It doesn’t have to be some extravagant trip or anything, I just love to see new places, and I want to do more of that this year! Here’s where I want to go…)
- D.C. (girls trip planned with friends from college in the Spring)
- Savannah, GA (trip planned in February)
- Camping trip
- Tropical Vacation for HONEYMOON (!!!!!!)
- Go to church twice a month. Because I’m living between Santa Barbara and Hollywood so much these days, I’ve been bad about going to church regularly. My “home church” is in Santa Barbara, and we don’t really have a church in LA, so that doesn’t help. So part of the process will be to find a church we really like in LA and to get involved there and start going.
What are some of your goals for 2015? How do you plan to keep track of them? How do you plan to kick them in the butt? I wanna hear!
Interested in copying this look? Check out the products below!